Australia's longest-running conference for macOS and iOS developers and designers, /dev/world/2017, returns to Melbourne for its tenth year! We've been working for years to build a community that also welcomes tinkerers, artists and scientists. Software isn't just about making money with in-app purchasescome and see a wider world. /dev/world/2017 workshops run on Monday, 28 August 2017, followed by the conference on Tuesday, 29 August 2017, and Wednesday, 30 August 2017.
Suggested TopicsTopics we'd love to see this year are listed below, but the list is not exhaustive, and we're interested in anything fits the above description!
- best practices for architecting Swift apps
- working with the Swift Open Source project, particularly Swift on the server
- using Swift on other platforms, such as Android, or Linux
- using languages and technologies such as Python, Ruby, Node.js, on iOS and macOS
- iOS game development using anything from SceneKit to Cocos 2D to Unity 3D
- cross-platform development tools, such as React Native or Xamarin
- successes and failures in development and design
- testing and quality assurance
- working with cloud services
- hardware, internet-of-things, and makers
- user experience and design for phones, tablets, TV, watches, and desktops
The conference will be held at RMIT Swanston Academic Building in Melbourne.
/dev/world is run by the AUC. It is not an academic conference, and is designed for everyone working on iOS and macOS software. Got questions? Feel free to email the organising team via devworld AT auc.edu.au or learn more about the AUC on our website.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Stainless Steel Sponsor
/dev/world/2017 sponsors and supporters are highly valued members of the community, and the event would not be possible without them. Please note that our sponsors do not necessarily endorse each other. If you'd like to sponsor /dev/world/2017, or enquire about a future event, please email sponsorship AT auc.edu.au